Every year, an increasing number of organisations reach out to us with the intention of giving back to the community. These organisations look for programmes to deepen their corporate social responsibility commitments and offer their employees meaningful volunteering opportunities.
Support our initiative
HOW CAN YOU HELP
We have worked with a number of corporates and firms to develop programmes to help upskill migrant workers using these corporates’ core competencies, such as creating and providing Safety or Financial Literacy videos. Many corporates also run collection drives at their offices for specific items required by workers, encouraging their employees to volunteer and participate in our events at the same time. Plenty of organisations, such as DBS Bank, K&L Gates and Bain Consulting, also run events such as fundraisers in show of their support of specific causes.
Even simply speaking about our initiative and spreading the word can be a huge help to us. We encourage any corporates to directly engage in any of our ongoing events or to support us in the form of bulk donations of masks, food, drinks or preloved items – we recognise support comes in all forms and we appreciate each and every bit of support we get.
We work with a wide range of companies, from small and medium enterprises to government-linked companies, large banks and multinational companies. Past companies we’ve worked with include DBS Bank, Coca Cola, Varde Consulting, Syngenta, Edrington, Salesforce, Shoppee, Deloitte, and Bloomberg, Starbucks, Harvey Norman, IKEA, Bain Consulting, BCD Travel, Morrison Foerstor, Facebook, K&L Gates, Prada, LGT Bank, BBH, SingHealth, Amazon, Dyson, Flextrade, Burger King, Pizza Hut, ALT Pizza, Singtel, TSMP, Orchid Hotel just to name a few. These companies come back for more CSR opportunities and collaborations as they find the engagement meaningful, as well as simple enough to plan and execute.
Another way to engage with us is to help spread the word about migrant worker welfare through speaking opportunities. Our founder, Dipa Swaminathan, is a frequent speaker at events organised by business houses and educational institutes. She uses these platforms to reach out to a wider audience, bringing to the forefront the many issues faced by migrant workers in order to spark dialogues around possible innovative solutions.
Some of our hosts for speaking engagements include JP Morgan Chase & Co, Apple, Pratt & Whitney, Changi General Hospital, and OnePeople.
Some recent events our Founder has participated:
- Speaker: Topic – Breaking the Barriers, Pratt & Whitney APAC Women’s Council, International Women’s Day Event, March 09, 2022.
- Speaker: Topic – Understanding the Migrant Workers – Ngee Ann Polytechnic, School of Engineering, March 03, 2022
- Keynote Speaker: Topic – Improving lives of our migrant brothers, Changi General Hospital, 23 Feb, 2022
- Speaker: United World College (East), Singapore, Speaking to students at the Writers’ Fortnight on January 18, 2022
- Speaker: Topic: Getting to know our migrant workers, Speaking to youth of OnePeople, Singapore, November 27, 2021
- Speaker – ‘GC Insights’ series at NTU Legal Department, November 10, 2020
- Speaker – TechLawFest Singapore, October 2020
- Keynote Speaker: Aidha Graduation Ceremony, October 20, 2019
- TedX Speaker: Tanglin Trust School, November 29, 2018
- Keynote Speaker: Tanglin Model United Nations, 9-10 June, 2018
- Panelist – Today’s inaugural Instagram Live Webinar Series, November 12, 2020. Topic: “Activism no longer a dirty word: The rise and impact of youth activism and its future in Singapore”
- Panelist – TechLawFest Singapore, October 2020
- Panelist – Women on the Move, JP Morgan Chase & Co, August 14, 2020
- Panelist – Defining Social Impact by imPAct, May 22, 2020
- Panelist – Creating Social Impact, by imPAct and Women in Asia, September 27, 2019
- Participant – Temasek Review, September 9, 2020
- Guest of Honour – Migrant Cultural Show, June 16, 2020
- Guest of Honour – Migrant Cultural Show, August 26, 2019
- Organiser – Global Legal Hackathon, along with Singtel and FLIP, February 22-24, 2019
- Guest of Honour – Tanglin Model United Nations, 9-10 June, 2018
If you would like to find out more about how your organisation can contribute to our initiative or get involved, please contact us at email@example.com